Sioux Falls, South Dakota offers beautiful parks, a strong real estate market, and a thriving economy. Sioux Falls in the largest city in South Dakota, with a wide range of natural wonders and fascinating attractions.
- 🗺️ Where is Sioux Falls, SD?
- 📍 What county is Sioux Falls, SD in?
- 🏘️ Lincoln County Homes for Sale
- 🏘️ Minnehaha County Homes for Sale
- 👨 What is the population of Sioux Falls, SD?
- 🌎 What are the zip codes for Sioux Falls, SD?
- 🏘️ Sioux Falls Homes for Sale by Zip Code
- ✨ What is Sioux Falls famous for?
- 🏞️ Where is Falls Park in Sioux Falls, SD?
- 🌤️ What is the weather like in Sioux Falls, SD?
- 📱 Contact RL Real Estate Group
- 🤔 What does the housing market look like in Sioux Falls?
- 👩🎓 What are schools in Sioux Falls?
- 👷♀️ What jobs are available in Sioux Falls, SD?
- 📮 Where is the Sioux Falls post office?
- 🛫 Where is the Sioux Falls airport?
- 🐻 Where is the Sioux Falls zoo?
- 🛍️ Where is the Sioux Falls mall?
- 🎟️ What movie theatres are in Sioux Falls, SD
- 🗓️ Where can I find a list of Sioux Falls events?
- 🏙️ What are the best downtown Sioux Falls events?
- 📋 What are the top 10 things to do in Sioux Falls, SD?
- 🍽️ What are the top 10 places to eat in Sioux Falls, SD?
- 🍔 Who offers food delivery in Sioux Falls?
🗺️ Where is Sioux Falls, SD?
You’ll find the city of Sioux Falls in the state of South Dakota at the crossing of Interstate 29 and Interstate 90. Counties in Sioux Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area include Lincoln, Minnehaha, Turner, and McCook.
📍 What county is Sioux Falls, SD in?
The city of Sioux Falls is located in both Lincoln County and Minnehaha County. The population of Lincoln County is 58,807. The population of Minnehaha County is estimated at 192,876. Sioux Falls is the county seat for Minnehaha County.
🏘️ Lincoln County Homes for Sale
🏘️ Minnehaha County Homes for Sale
👨 What is the population of Sioux Falls, SD?
An estimated 181,883 residents call Sioux Falls home. The popularity of the area continues to grow, and we’ve seen a steady growth from the 153,972 residents recorded in 2010.
🌎 What are the zip codes for Sioux Falls, SD?
When you’re looking for Sioux Falls homes for sale, businesses, or recreational activities, it’s a good idea to know the different zip codes assigned to the city.
🏘️ Sioux Falls Homes for Sale by Zip Code
✨ What is Sioux Falls famous for?
When it comes to history, Sioux Falls has a rich past that includes having the first nuclear power plant in operation from 1966-1967. The city is home to the headquarters of the Dakota, Minnesota, and Eastern Railroad Corporation.
Recently, Sioux Falls Fire Rescue was selected for the prestigious 2020 Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award. The Arc of Dreams over the Big Sioux Falls River is a popular place for visitors and adds beauty to the Sioux Falls downtown skyline.
🏞️ Where is Falls Park in Sioux Falls, SD?
Sioux Falls has more than 80 parks and recreational areas, including a bike trail that winds its way through the city. Falls Park is one of the most popular destinations in this region when it comes to seasonal activities, weddings, and historical displays.
🌤️ What is the weather like in Sioux Falls, SD?
Enjoy the beauty and diversity of all four seasons when you live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The average high temperature is 84 degrees in July. The average low is 7 degrees in January.
You’ll find the parks in Sioux Falls popular places for picnic and sports activities when the weather is warm. There are ice skating rinks in several parks when winter weather arrives.
📱 Contact RL Real Estate Group
🤔 What does the housing market look like in Sioux Falls?
According to the recent census, there are approximately 70,259 households in Sioux Falls and 61 percent of houses in the city are lived in by the owner. The median home value is $175,100.
👩🎓 What are schools in Sioux Falls?
Sioux Falls provides variety in educational opportunities for people of all ages. Those attending public school in grades Pre-kindergarten through grade twelve attend schools in the Sioux Falls School District.
Studies show that students excel when their guardians are involved in the educational process. The Sioux Falls School District utilizes the Infinite Campus as an app that allows parents and guardians to access student information and receive important notifications. The app can be used to connect directly with teachers via email.
If you’re looking for Catholic schools in the area, there are quite a few choices available. We recommend visiting each location or calling ahead to learn more about their enrollment requirements.
👷♀️ What jobs are available in Sioux Falls, SD?
Sioux Falls is home to quite a few corporate headquarters and financial companies. The largest employers in the area include Wells Fargo, Smithfield Foods, and Sanford Health.
Those looking for career opportunities in the health field can explore options at Sanford Health, Averna McKennan Hospital, Averna Heart Hospital of South Dakota, and South Dakota Veterans Affairs Hospital.
📮 Where is the Sioux Falls post office?
While there are several post office locations throughout the city, the main Sioux Falls post office is located at 320 S. 2nd Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104. For more information, call 605-575-3542. This location does offer passport services, and the lobby is open 24 hours.
🛫 Where is the Sioux Falls airport?
Those flying in and out of the area make use of the Sioux Falls Regional Airport, which is also known as Joe Foss Field. Airlines that serve this city are Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, and Frontier Airlines.
🐻 Where is the Sioux Falls zoo?
One of the most popular places to visit for visitors and residents alike is the Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History. The zoo offers several levels of membership plans that allow for unlimited admission and other benefits.
The Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History is located at 805 S. Kiwanis Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104. For more information, call 605-367-7003.
The zoo has distinct areas with animals that are most comfortable in those habitats. In the North American area, you’ll find American Bisons, Black Bears, and Red Wolves. The African Savannah area has Giraffes, Zebras, Eastern Black Rhinos, and African Wild Dogs. Other animals include:
🛍️ Where is the Sioux Falls mall?
Sioux Falls’ premier shopping experience is at The Empire Mall. The mall is located at 5000 W. Empire Mall, Sioux Falls, SD 57106. It’s at the intersection of Louise and 41st Street, just off Interstate 29. You’ll find more than 140 specialty shops and restaurants within the mall.
The Empire Mall is not just great for eating out and shopping. They also offer special events, classes, and concerts. You can join the Family at The Empire Mall for special events and discounts.
🎟️ What movie theatres are in Sioux Falls, SD
“I love going to the movies,” says Regan Laughlin. Sioux Falls remains a city that is full of entertainment venues, but people still enjoy seeing a good movie. We have two Cinemark theaters and one West Mall 7, along with several other options.
The West Mall 7 theater is a gem for those seeking a movie experience that won’t break the bank. In general, movie tickets are around $3.50 and the movies featured are a bit older. Still, the snack prices are reasonable, and the prices make going to the movies possible for large households on a budget.
🗓️ Where can I find a list of Sioux Falls events?
We love bringing event information to our readers. For this reason, you’ll find event listings that are specific to every holiday and season on our website. These posts are updated each year/season with new events and current details.
|New Year's||Valentine's Day||Easter|
|4th of July||Halloween||Thanksgiving|
|Christmas||Park Events||Summer Camps|
🏙️ What are the best downtown Sioux Falls events?
Downtown Sioux Falls is a hot spot when it comes to entertainment, shopping, and dining. We update our events list every season with new details about what’s happening! Bookmark the post and check back each season to add new events to your calendar.
📋 What are the top 10 things to do in Sioux Falls, SD?
1. Great Bear Ski Valley is located at 5901 E. Rice Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57110. features fourteen downhill trails, four miles of cross country skiing, a terrain park for jumps and tricks, and a snow tubing hill. If you are making a trip to Sioux Falls, South Dakota during the wintertime, be sure to make an effort to check out this one of a kind recreation park.
2. Denny Sanford Premier Center is located at 1201 N. West Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57104. This multipurpose facility is host to sporting events, conventions, concerts, and other special events. Check their calendar of events for upcoming features.
3. Washington Pavilion is located at 301 S. Main Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104. The box office can be reached at 605-367-6000. The Washington Pavilion hosts performances, art galleries, informative movies, science exhibits, and educational opportunities. They are also available for special events and have a cafe on-site for dining.
4. South Dakota Symphony Orchestra is located at 301 S. Main Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104. The office number is 605-335-7933. The South Dakota Symphony performs classical and pop concerts at the Washington Pavilion. They also travel throughout the state and provide chamber music in local churches. See events here.
6. Wild Water West Waterpark is located at 26767 466th Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57106. The park features a wave pool, sand volleyball, go-karts, batting cages, mini-golf, and more!
7. Pettigrew Home & Museum is located at 131 N. Duluth Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104. The Pettigrew Home was built in 1889 in the Queen-Anne style. It belonged to South Dakota’s very first senator, Richard Pettigrew.
8. USS South Dakota Battleship Memorial is located at 2705 W. 12th St., Sioux Falls, SD 57104. You’ll find historical displays and educational exhibits when visiting this memorial location.
9. Arc of Dreams is located between 6th and 8th street in downtown Sioux Falls. This stainless steel sculpture goes across the Big Sioux River and is owned by SculptureWalk. You can even make a donation and get your name etched on the donor wall.
10. Japanese Gardens are located in Terrace Park at 707 N. Grange Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104. You will be amazed at this breathtakingly beautiful tribute to Japanese architecture and gardens. Great for a stroll or to spend some time in quiet contemplation.
🍽️ What are the top 10 places to eat in Sioux Falls, SD?
From desserts to fine dining to burgers and BBQ, check out the local downtown Sioux Falls restaurants. Here is a list of local favorites.
- Backyard Grill: The ideal BBQ smokehouse experience.
- Bread & Circus Sandwich Kitchen: a casual spot to enjoy delicious salads, sandwiches, soups, and sides.
- Breadico: Every hour at Breadico is the home of fresh loaves from the stone oven.
- Crawford’s Bar & Grill: A classic bar and restaurant located in beautiful historic downtown Sioux Falls.
- Falls Overlook Cafe: A casual dining restaurant on the bank of the Falls, in downtown Sioux Falls!
- Falls Landing Bar & Grill: A full-service bar and grill overlooking the Big Sioux River. Situated in the Country Inn & Suites
- Fiero Pizza: Build a pizza according to your unique tastes. All ingredients are fresh. You are in control of the pizza experience here.
- Parker’s Bistro: Seasonal menus that are created by the chef. A fine dining experience. Reservations are recommended.
- MacKenzie River Pizza: Street Corn Pizza? Yes! Soups, salads, flatbreads. They have it all.
- Ode to Food and Drinks: If infused vodka and Philly cheesesteak Soup sound like things you would enjoy. You’ll want to visit this unique eating establishment.
🍔 Who offers food delivery in Sioux Falls?
Who wants to stand in the kitchen and cook after a long day? It’s times like these when you want to know who offers food delivery in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area. We’ve got a few suggestions!