Looking for the best places to see Sioux Falls Christmas lights this year? We’ve got a list for you! While you’re here, check area holiday events.
Whether it’s piling in the car to drive around and look at Sioux Falls Christmas lights or enjoying one of the many festive events happening in the area, you’ll find there’s plenty do during the 2019 holiday season in Sioux Falls! Don’t forget to make a holiday song playlist to take along on your adventures.
- 🎁 28th Annual Sioux Falls Parade of Lights
- 🌟 Highlights from 2018 Parade of Lights [VIDEO]
- 🏆 Parade of Lights After Party & Awards
- 🛣️ Sioux Falls Christmas Lights and Lanes
- 🌃 Sioux Falls Christmas Lights [VIDEO]
- 🐑 Living Nativity @ Southern Falls Church
- 🐄 Southern Falls Live Nativity [VIDEO]
- 📱 Contact RL Real Estate Group
- 🎅 Finding Sioux Falls Santa
- ❄️ Winter Wonderland at Falls Park
- ⛄ See Winter Wonderland from the Sky! [VIDEO]
- ☕ Regan's Favorite Hot Chocolate
- 🗣️ Suggest Sioux Falls Christmas Lights or Events
🎁 28th Annual Sioux Falls Parade of Lights
The longstanding tradition of bundling up for the Annual Parade of Lights in Sioux Falls continues on Friday, November 29 at 7:30 PM. There are more than 80 entries in the parade this year!
- Arrive early and keep street closures in mind when planning.
- Parking is free after 5:00 PM on Fridays.
- Bring a folding chair, but remember that those standing may obstruct your view.
- Grand Marshal: Mike Cooper
- Junior Grand Marshal: Katie Jensen
- Have cash on hand for vendors.
- Post your photos with #dtsf on social media.
🏆 Parade of Lights After Party & Awards
The Holiday Inn Sioux Falls – City Centre is where you’ll want to head on Friday, November 29 from 8:30 PM – 11:00 PM. See if any of your favorite parade entrants won an award at the Parade of Lights after party.
Parade of Lights Awards
- Best Use of Lights
- Best Workmanship
- Spirit of Sioux Falls
- Mayor’s Choice
- Downtown Sioux Falls Award
- First Bank & Trust Hometown Pride Award
Admission is free with cookies and cider!
🛣️ Sioux Falls Christmas Lights and Lanes
The annual Sioux Falls Christmas Lights and Lanes event features some of the most extensively decorated homes in the area. Put some hot chocolate in a thermos, pack a few blankets, and tune the radio to 101.9 KELO-FM for holiday tunes.
Want to make the night even more memorable? Book a limo or party bus from Elite Limousine. Let them do the driving while you sit back and enjoy the twinkling lights and festive music.
🐑 Living Nativity @ Southern Falls Church
Southern Falls Church is hosting its annual Living Nativity on Saturday, December 7 from 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM.
Celebrate the holiday season by visiting the live nativity that features real animals. There will be refreshments and activities for children. Remember this event is one night only!
Admission is free. Enjoy the church choir and refreshments.
📱 Contact RL Real Estate Group
🎅 Finding Sioux Falls Santa
One personal Christmas holiday tradition I love is writing letters to Santa. My grandmother would bake sugar cookies and all of us cousins would frost them. We would eat the cookies, drink hot chocolate, and write our letters to Santa.
One of the best memories I have is bringing those handwritten letters to Santa in person, handing them to a helper Elf, and then sitting on Santa’s knee to tell him about the Barbie Dreamhouse (and a pony!) I needed under the tree that year.
❄️ Winter Wonderland at Falls Park
When you visit the Falls Park Winter Wonderland, you can get a breathtaking 360-degree view of the dazzling lights from the five-story viewing tower. The park lights up on November 22 and continues through January 5, 2020.
- Over 350, 000 LED lights
- 270 decorated trees
- 275 decorated light poles
- 25+ miles of light strings
- 40 wreaths
Keep in mind that the viewing tower is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
☕ Regan’s Favorite Hot Chocolate
It wouldn’t be Christmas without a roaring fire and a mug of hot chocolate. In fact, my favorite recipe (with a secret ingredient!) has been passed down for generations, and now my own children make a big batch of the mix.
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of Hershey’s cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt,
- and (the secret) 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
When you’re ready to make it, just heat 4 cups of milk on the stove, and when it’s hot (not boiling), whisk in ½ of the homemade hot cocoa mix. Add marshmallows, and enjoy.
Happy Holidays from everyone at RL Real Estate Group!
🗣️ Suggest Sioux Falls Christmas Lights or Events
Know a great neighborhood that is lit up this year? Maybe there’s a cool event we should know about! Send us all the details, and we may add it to our list.